Welcome to episode 2 of the Mobile GameDev Playbook. In this episode, we delve into the Chinese mobile game market, what some of the latest game feature trends are as well as what makes Chinese mobile players tick. This month, host Jon Jordan is joined by regular guest, GameRefinery’s Chief Analyst Joel Julkunen along with special guests Georges Dry and Dean Zhao from Chinese game publisher and developer Perfect World. Thanks for listening!
Topics we will cover in this episode:
1. Trends coming from China
2. How publishing is taken care of in China
3. What the Chinese gaming market looks like
4. Why AAA mobile games work in China
5. What types of game genres work in China and globally
6. 2020 predictions for Chinese mobile gaming trends
We’re available on all major podcast platforms – if you enjoy the episode remember to hit subscribe!